Parenting with Positive Discipline
Are you too busy to read all of those “how to” parenting books on your bedside table? My guess is you’ve read them but find those helpful nuggets elude you at the moment you need them most. (No wonder as they’re buried deep beneath the details of carpool, sports, homework, your own work and more!)
Are you afraid this parenting rut will last for years and will effect you and your child’s future relationship?
Do you worry that when you’re kids are 18 they’ll be unhappy people who feel badly about themselves because of something you did or didn’t do? The potential for failure feels enormous and the consequences devastating.
It’s my passion to help you gain understanding, clarity and some down and dirty practical tools to get back on the path of positive parenting.
I’m inviting you to spend seven 2 hour classes with me and a dynamic group of like minded parents. Together we’ll turn your parenting challenges into social and life skills for success – or at least take leaps and bounds in that direction!
The next series begins in January 2019.
As you might guess, I’ve faced MANY parenting challenges myself. I don’t know any parent who hasn’t. Since I’ve started practicing Positive Discipline, my relationships with my children have grown and deepened.
The Positive Discipline series focuses on 6 core elements:
- Foundations of Positive Discipline theory
- Foundations of Positive Discipline tools and strategies
- Homework activities and reading Positive Discipline by Jane Nelsen
- Role-play with real life scenarios
- The HOT SEAT (a.k.a. problem solving your real life scenario together)
- A community of like minded parents you can relate to and grow with
Here are REAL RESULTS that you can expect based on the experiences of hundreds of participants:
- feeling more playful and enjoying parenting again
- feeling calmer
- increasing awareness about yours and your child’s behavior
- greater confidence and belief in yourself as a parent
- more resources, tools and strategies for parenting
- increased clarity about your goals for parenting
- having the confidence to do the right thing in difficult situations
Here’s what we cover:
- how to genuinely empower your child
- natural and logical consequences
- why traditional timeout doesn’t work and what to do instead
- the key to finding solutions and understanding punishment
- exploration of parenting styles
- how to set effective limits
- making agreements and following through
- your child’s belief behind their misbehavior and goals of positive behavior
- easy tips for effective communication with your kids
- sibling issues
- family meetings – a powerful tool
Guarantee: The series tuition is non-refundable, but fully transferable. In other words: if you can’t attend during this session, send a friend or save it for a gift for yourself in the future. Be sure to let me know if you plan to take a future parenting class so that I can make room for another parent!
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I need to miss a couple of classes?
With our busy pace of life, it is generally difficult for parents to make every class. As a rule, if you are able to attend a minimum of 4 or 5 classes, you will get a great deal from the series. You are welcome to make up the classes that you missed at a future, compatible series.
I am a parent of teenagers, is it too late for me to take this class?
It is never too late to take the class! It is important to remember that we can always improve our relationships. Because parenting a teen can be so challenging – Positive Discipline can support us through those challenging times by giving us tools and helping us focus on or even remember what it is we really for our teen and our relationship with them.
I have a 10 month old. Does it make sense for me to take the class now?
This is your call. Certainly some of the issues discussed in the class will be ones that you do not relate to, however, parents who like to think about things ahead of time will be happy to have a framework from which to parent in the future. You will also enjoy and learn from the stories and candor of your fellow class participants. A wonderful community is established over the 7 week period.
Do people take the class more than once?
Absolutely – all the time. Parents find it very supportive to take the class a second or even a third time. Our children continue to grow and when take the class again, we give ourselves the opportunity to steep ourselves in the information, practice our parenting and continue to receive heartwarming support. The cost of the class is cut in half each time you take it!